I’ve had my fair share of morning concoctions. Mostly all caffeine-based, but since my doctor told me to avoid all caffeinated beverages, I had to find another way to start my day. I tried decaf espresso, and it’s great for when I’m traveling but not sustainable for me. I also want to avoid all of those nasty “de-caffing” chemicals.
A few years ago, I tried Mudwtr, so I thought I would revisit it as an option. I’m happy I did. Mudwtr is full of great stuff – Marsala Chai, reishi, Lion’s Mane, cacao, and more. And bonus – it only has 1/7 the caffeine of coffee, so it doesn’t give me the caffeine shakes afterward. Boom! We’re in business, folks!
Ok, full disclosure, I’m bougie and have a very high maintenance latte, so I’m not just drinking Mudwtr and water. I want the first thing I consume to set me up for the day, so I add a little of this and a little of that. Giddy up, we have a lot to cover.
HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 tbsp & a half of Mudwtr (bc 1 tbsp isn’t enough)
- 1 scoop of Paleo Valley bone broth collagen (for collagen plus the protein holds me over until brekkie)
- 1/4 teaspoon of Astragalus (for immunity)
- 1/2 teaspoon of Ashwagandha (for stress)
- 1/2 of a date (for sweetness)
- 1/2 tbsp coconut butter (to help slow down my caffeine absorption)
- 1/8 cup of oat milk (just cause)
Add boiling water to your mug. Pour water into a blender with the above ingredients, and blend.
This isn’t sponcon. Just wanted to share.